This is one of my favorite recipes. It is a healthier dessert that everyone loves. I have been asked so many times for this recipe that I finally decided to publish it on my site so I don’t have to retype it. It was originally given to me by Andrea Candee, a master herbalist in S. Salem NY.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Can be made a couple of days ahead.
- 3 Medium Avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (or carob powder)
- Stevia with a little Zylitol (some people like Agave Syrup, I think it is too high in carbs)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange (Optional)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pint of Raspberries or fresh cantaloupe cut into small cubes
In a food processor puree avocados, cocoa powder and sweetener of choice. Add vanilla extract, orange and salt. Place in container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve in dessert glasses and garnish with banana slices.
Here is the fun part. Never tell your guests what it is made of and they will never guess! But let them try!