I do believe in mystical mushrooms and more…. one of those more is chocolate. Unlike my favorite herb for depression and insomnia, Valerian, which smells like “don’t go near it,” chocolate smells good and makes you feel good like “do go near it!”
Well chocolate usually has lots of sugar, which is incredibly bad for you so here is my favorite recipe… skip the raisins and it is even lower carb.
- 1 bar of baker’s sugar free chocolate
- 4 rounded tablespoons of Trader Joe’s Organic peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (more for softer chocolate)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Caco Powder (Navitas brand)
- 1 full baby teaspoon of Pure Stevia (no fillers) … to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Bourbon Vanilla (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 handfuls of organic raisins
- 2 handfuls of almonds (raw)
- 1 handful of salted roasted peanuts
Preparation: melt the chocolate in a Pyrex dish at low to medium heat. Add the peanut butter and the coconut oil. When melted lower the heat and add the Vanilla and Stevia stirring well. The add the Cacao powder and mix again. Finally add the almonds, raisins and peanuts, mixing it all well.
Put this in the fridge until it gets hard and keep it there. Cut and serve when desired.